Home > About The Office > Government Claims

Government Claims

Individuals who have been harmed or who have suffered a loss as a result of a negligent action by a Government of Guam employee or agency can submit a claim to the Office of the Attorney General of Guam.


Brenda Aguon
Paralegal II

Tel: (671) 475-2710 ext. 2115
Fax: (671) 472-2493
Email: baguon@oagguam.org


About this Service

If you are filing a claim against a line agency of government, please complete and submit a “Claim Against the Government Form” along with copies of all supporting documents to the Office of the Attorney General. You may also file a claim against an autonomous agency of the government with this office or with the agency directly. The information requested in the claim form is required by the Government Claims Act, so do not leave any portions of the form blank (5 GCA § 6101). If the information requested or question does not apply to you, mark that portion of the form with “N/A” and explain if necessary. The form is available online, at the front desk of the office, or it may be faxed or e-mailed to you upon request.

Click on link for more information on the Government Claims Act ( 5 GCA § 6208) or please visit the Guam Supreme Court website.


Here are a few examples of what you need to submit depending on the type of claim you are filing. It is recommended, however, that you submit copies of any and all documents you have to support your claim and the amount of damages you are claiming.

Auto Accidents

  • Copy of vehicle registration
  • Copy of GPD traffic crash/accident report
  • Two to three estimates of repair
  • Photographs of the damages

Dormant Accounts

  • Copy of bank statement or record containing name of account holder, account number, address, etc.
  • Document showing proof of authorized access to the account


  • Copy of contract, invoices, purchase orders, etc.

Personal Injury

  • Copies of medical reports, billings, receipts, etc.


Please provide copies of all documents. ALL CLAIMS SHALL BE FILED IN DUPLICATE. The Office of Attorney General will not make copies and will not accept claims without the proper copies of necessary documents.



Pursuant to the Government Claims Act (Public Law 17-29), the government has six months to investigate and either grant, settle, or deny your claim. If you are claiming property damage to a motor vehicle involved in an accident, we will make a determination on this part of your claim within thirty (30) days pursuant to Public Law 25-130, provided you furnish us with all the documents necessary to process your claim.

Although most claims require the full six (6) months for review and final decision, smaller claims usually take less time than larger ones; however, they are considered equally. If after six (6) months your claim has not been settled or you have not been notified by our office that your claim was denied, you may institute an action in the Superior Court of Guam for money damages.