Individuals who have been harmed or who have suffered a loss as a result of a negligent action by a Government of Guam employee or agency can submit a claim to the Office of the Attorney General of Guam.
FILING A CLAIM AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT
Please be advised that under the Government Claims Act (5 G.C.A., Chapter 6), the government has SIX (06) MONTHS in which to investigate and either grant, settle, or deny your claim.
EXAMPLES OF DOCUMENTS NEEDED:
- Copy of vehicle registration
- Copy of GPD traffic crash/accident report
- Two estimates of repair from a licensed auto repair shop
- Photographs of the damages
Dormant Bank Account
- Copy of bank statement or record containing name of account holder, account number, address, etc.
- Document showing proof of authorized access to the account
- Copy of contract(s), invoices, purchase orders, etc.
- Copies of medical reports, billings, receipts, etc.
Please provide copies of all documents. We are unable to make copies. All claims shall be filed in duplicate (one original and one copy). If you have any questions, please call our office at 475-2710 ext. 2115 or email email@example.com.
If you are filing a claim against an autonomous agency, you must file directly with that agency. Examples of autonomous agencies:
|Consolidated Commission on Utilities||Government of Guam Retirement Fund|
|Guam Airport Authority||Guam Solid Waste Authority|
|Guam Community College||Guam Visitors Bureau|
|Guam Economic Development Authority||Guam Waterworks Authority|
|Guam Housing and Urban Renewal Authority||Judiciary of Guam|
|Guam Housing Corp.||Port Authority of Guam|
|Guam Legislature||Public Defender Service Corp.|
|Guam Memorial Hospital Authority||Public Utilities Commission|
|Guam Power Authority||University of Guam|